There are a lot of fishing sunglasses out there. So many of them will have offer all kinds of features that help protect your eyes and give you good visibility. However, that doesn’t automatically mean every pair of fishing sunglasses has these features.
There are a lot of cheaper glasses out there that don’t have any extra features. Hence, if you have a budget and can’t afford top-rated fishing sunglasses like Costa and Maui Jim, you may think these features are inaccessible to you.
For the most part, you might be right. However, there are many fishing sunglasses available in different price brackets that offer some extras as well.
You might get some cheaper glasses with decent features, while some just might be very basic. In order to find the right details, we have to dive deeper.
You sould consider to validate the following features in order to find some good cheap fish sunglasses.
Here is some great resurces;
Quora – Do cheap sunglasses protect eyes? How do I know if sunglasses really do protect my eyes without paying lots of money for the brand names?
All About Vision – Are Cheap Sunglasses Bad For Your Eyes?
UV Protection on Cheaper Glasses
Getting good fishing sunglasses under 100 or good fishing sunglasses under 50 will mean you will have to compromise a little.
Cheaper glasses mean cutting down on certain aspects. Manufacturers can opt for cheaper variants of the frame, lenses, and overall construction.
This has the added side effect of lacing advanced protection that you might get from high-end glasses.
Sunglasses by default can block a minor amount of UV rays by themselves. If you want good protection, you need to have a UV coating on the lenses.
Not a lot of cheaper sunglasses have UV protection as a standard feature, so you will have to specifically look for glasses that offer 100% UV protection. It may be an arduous process, but at the end of it all, you will have glasses that protect your eyes.
What to Consider When Buying Cheap Sunglasses
By now, you’re probably aware that not all cheap sunglasses are good. This makes it difficult to make a wise buying decision when considering cheap sunglasses. However, there are ways you can try to get cheap glasses with decent features. To do so, you will have to look for certain aspects to make sure you get the best value and protection for your money.
UV protection is important for sunglasses so that you can protect your eyes. Make sure that the glasses you buy offer some kind of UV protection. While cheap glasses might not offer 100% UV protection, they should at least offer some level of protection. Even having minimal UV protection is better than having no UV protection at all.
Lens size is a key factor to consider when buying cheap sunglasses. You typically don’t want to go for smaller lens sizes that cover an exceedingly small area. Bigger lenses are much preferable for fishing sunglasses. Having bigger lenses will give you much more coverage over your eyes and offer better overall protection. Glasses that wrap around your entire face are ideal because they offer the best protection out of all the styles of sunglasses.
UV protection is not the only coating you can get on lenses. You can get a myriad of different coatings that can offer different effects. Polarized lens coating will help you cut glare and be able to look through water surfaces easily. Reflective lens coating, on the other hand, will give the outer surface of your sunglasses a mirror-like finish. This reflects most of the light and only lets a very small percentage of light through the lenses and into your eyes.
Premium-branded glasses will most likely have a combination of all these coatings on one lens. However, this isn’t the case with cheaper sunglasses. You will probably only get one or two of these coatings on the lens of a single pair of sunglasses. This is why you have to make sure you can get the coating you need in the sunglasses that you buy.
For most cheap sunglasses, you always run the risk of getting poor construction and materials. This is why you have to make sure that frame of the sunglasses holds up. Try to pay attention to the frame material to see if it is made from durable metal or cheap plastic. Of course, you will be hard pressed to find the same quality as in high-end glasses, but you can still find glasses that last a long time.
Color of the Lens
The color of the lens is a crucial factor as it can affect your visibility. Some darker colors will filter out more light but reduce contrast, while lighter colors will have a better color reproduction. Make sure to check if the lenses are painted evenly. Usually, with cheaper glasses, you might have uneven paint on them or you might even have tiny blemishes and spots of paint on the surface of the lens.
Best Inexpensive Fishing Sunglasses
People tend to look for the best quality in the most affordable range. However, as the competition and number of brands are huge, purchasing the best inexpensive sunglasses can be tricky. Here are some of the best inexpensive sunglasses with their reviews:
- Flying Fisherman Maverick Polarized Sunglasses: This pair of sunglasses has gone through extensive tests to guarantee durability and can be bought at a decent price. These glasses are adjustable on all head sizes and are scratch-proof. They offer maximum protection from UV rays and are lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- Newport Polarized Angler Sunglasses: When talking about the best inexpensive sunglasses, Newport Polarized Angler Sunglasses cannot be missed. These sunglasses are very comfortable to wear and offer 100% protection against UV radiation. They are highly effective at reducing the glare emerging from the water, which can help you easily look for fish habitats in water.
- Native Eyewear Kodiak: Although these sunglasses are not among the most popular polarized sunglasses, they still provide high quality, durability and comfortable wear. Native Eyewear Kodiak offers 4x more protection from UV radiation as compared to regular polarized sunglasses. They also come in a very affordable range. However, it is to be noted that they are manufactured for people with average face size.
- Amphibia Depthcharge: Amphibia is one of the best manufacturers of polarized sunglasses. These glasses are lightweight and durable and can float on water due to their light density frame. These sunglasses can easily fit all face shapes and sizes. They were specifically designed to reduce glare from the water’s surface.
- HODGSON Sports Polarized Sunglasses: This pair of sunglasses provides 100% protection against UV radiation. The frame is adjustable and comes with nose support. The lens provides color enhancement and reduces glare noticeably. Since the glass is manufactured with TR90, it is very durable. The plus point of these glasses is that they offer excellent quality at a cheap price.